Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rich and flaky butter horn cookies.
- 1 cup sweet unsalted butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup chopped blanched almond
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar
- Beat butter at high speed and sugar gradually, creaming until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Beat in almonds, then flour.
- With hands, shape 1-inch pieces of dough into crescents.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for about 20 minutes, or until just golden on edges.
- While warm, coat crescents with confectioners' sugar.