Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
'From the Lands of Figs and Olives' cookbook and I added a few personal touches (olive oil, spearmint, za'atar/sumac).) Light and fluffy eggs! Easy! Palestinian/Jordanian.
- 5 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons yogurt cheese ('laban', curd cheese or yogurt cheese ( see Yogurt Cheese.)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 3 -4 fresh spearmint, minced (sub *fresh* parsley or cilantro if you dislike mint)
- za'atar spice mix or sumac
- Whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper and yogurt cheese. Set aside.
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat then pour in the egg-yogurt mixture.
- Stir lightly for about 1 1/2 minutes or until just barely cooked I always undercook eggs because they will still cook off heat. Our gas stove top is very efficient and the eggs were done to my liking in less than 2 minutes.
- Plate the eggs and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with the spearmint leaves; sprinkle of za'atar or sumac. If you don't have either of those spices, garnish with paprika.
Nothing wrong with the recipe; the yogurt cheese adds a nice richness to the eggs. Apparently, I do not za'atar in my eggs! Next time I will use sumac. I also didn't like the fresh parsley - to fresh & crispy for comfort food scrambled eggs, imho. Maybe if it was added in sooner to soften up? Like I said, it's not a bad recipe. The options I used just didn't suit me. Made for NA/ME Tag 3/13.
i don like zatar lol , easy fast good breakfast made eggs softer