Recipe by Esuka
I made my first ever daring attempt to edit the recipe, and was very afraid of the result, until I tasted them! I won't tell you what I changed but I loved these muffins even though they were ugly, and so did my family! Please take a chance on these sad, ugly muffins!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup jelly (raspberry is best!)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, coarsely chopped (walnuts are best!)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream softened butter and sugar until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl combine jelly and water and blend. Consistency should be relatively like applesauce, add jelly or water as needed.
- Add one cup of jelly mixture, the egg, and the vanilla to the butter and sugar. Blend well. (Won't appear combined, don't worry!).
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice together.
- Add dry mix to wet mix and beat together until well combined.
- Add nuts and raisins. Stir together.
- Spoon into well-greased muffin tins. The cups will be very full, but it makes large muffins!
- Bake at 300°F for 25-35 minutes. DO NOT REMOVE WHEN EDGES ARE BROWN. Wait until the WHOLE muffin is brown, or until a toothpick tests relatively clean.
- Taste and be surprised!