I made my first ever daring attempt to edit the recipe, and was very afraid of the result, until I tasted them! I won't tell you what I changed but I loved these muffins even though they were ugly, and so did my family! Please take a chance on these sad, ugly muffins!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream softened butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 2In a separate bowl combine jelly and water and blend. Consistency should be relatively like applesauce, add jelly or water as needed.
- 3Add one cup of jelly mixture, the egg, and the vanilla to the butter and sugar. Blend well. (Won't appear combined, don't worry!).
- 4Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice together.
- 5Add dry mix to wet mix and beat together until well combined.
- 6Add nuts and raisins. Stir together.
- 7Spoon into well-greased muffin tins. The cups will be very full, but it makes large muffins!
- 8Bake at 300°F for 25-35 minutes. DO NOT REMOVE WHEN EDGES ARE BROWN. Wait until the WHOLE muffin is brown, or until a toothpick tests relatively clean.
- 9Taste and be surprised!
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ugly Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1066 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 210.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g