Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
It's not the prettiest jello salad, but it's the tastiest! The cream cheese, pecans and the celery are the secrets. A friend's mother gave me her recipe. We only have this at Christmas!
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, diced (reserve juice)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Dissolve Jello in the boiling water.
- Stir in reserved pineapple juice.
- Chill until syrupy.
- Mix in softened cream cheese, stirring well.
- Fold in the softened cottage cheese, crushed pineapple, minced pecans, and minced celery.
- Transfer this mixture to a 9" x 13" glass dish.
- Refrigerate until Jello sets and chilled.
- Spread Icing on top of Jello.
- Icing Instructions:.
- Add chopped cherries and cherry juice to sour cream.
- Stir mixture well.
- "Ice"the Jello.