Kay Demonbren's Note:
I came up with these last Christmas when we had some leftover candies. They aren't the prettiest to look at when the chocolate and caramel melts (hence the name), but I keep getting requests from my husbands work to make some more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- 2Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- 3Beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla together in the bowl of your electric mixer until creamy.
- 4Add eggs to the butter mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Gradually beat in flour mixture (still using electric mixer).
- 6By hand stir in the chopped candies.
- 7Place rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 8Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9These will spread a bit and gnarl up where the caramel bits are.
- 10Be sure to let a cookie sheet cool completely before loading it up with another batch of cookie dough; a hot pan will make the cookies spread too much.
- 11Cool cookies on the baking sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "ugly" Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (964 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1036.0
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 30.7 g
- Cholesterol 228.1 mg
- Sodium 1295.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 80.7 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate caramel kisses