Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake is rather ugly, but so delicious!
- 1 (515 g) box chocolate cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 9"X13" baking pan.
- Stir together the cake mix, eggs, water, and oil until combined.
- Set aside.
- Combine marshmallows and brown sugar.
- In another bowl, combine cocoa and 2 cups hot water.
- Now combine marshmallow and cocoa mixtures and pour into the greased 9"X13" pan.
- Spoon prepared cake mix evenly over all.
- DO NOT MIX TOGETHER.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Flip onto a platter.
- Your cake will have a wonderfully rich layer of chocolate sauce on top.
This cake *isn't* very attractive, but it isn't as ugly as I expected it to be. However it is easy, moist, and chocolate-y! While I was preparing this, I was saying to myself the whole time "This will never work"...But it did! I took it to work for a birthday party and everyone loved it. I chilled it for a couple of hours and then let it set at room temperature for a while before turning it out of the pan. The top layer was like a wonderfully rich chocolate icing! It is yummy with vanilla ice cream. Thank you for a great and easy recipe MaeEast!