1/1 Photo of Ugandan Vegetable Casserole
Lavender Lynn's Note:
The variations possible with this colorful vegetable casserole are endless. Either make it with the vegetables listed here or substitute your own favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium eggplant, unpeeled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 lb fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 small zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- 2Add onions to pan and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Continue to add vegetables to pan in order listed, stir-frying each 2 to 3 minutes before adding the next.
- 3Stir in salt and black pepper. Cover pan, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 4Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ugandan Vegetable Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.4
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 390.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 5.9 g