Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The variations possible with this colorful vegetable casserole are endless. Either make it with the vegetables listed here or substitute your own favorites.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium eggplant, unpeeled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 lb fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 small zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add onions to pan and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Continue to add vegetables to pan in order listed, stir-frying each 2 to 3 minutes before adding the next.
- Stir in salt and black pepper. Cover pan, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately.
I chose to use rocket instead of spinach plush mushies, carrots, coriander from garden, some diced pumpkin - quite a hotch potch really- great success and top marks for such a versatile and healthy recipe.
I really enjoyed the combination of the ingredients, although I did leave the spinach out. But I also felt there was too much water at the bottom of the pan, which made the veggies a bit soggy.