Recipe by Lavender Lynn
The variations possible with this colorful vegetable casserole are endless. Either make it with the vegetables listed here or substitute your own favorites.
Top Review by katew
I chose to use rocket instead of spinach plush mushies, carrots, coriander from garden, some diced pumpkin - quite a hotch potch really- great success and top marks for such a versatile and healthy recipe.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium eggplant, unpeeled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 lb fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 small zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add onions to pan and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Continue to add vegetables to pan in order listed, stir-frying each 2 to 3 minutes before adding the next.
- Stir in salt and black pepper. Cover pan, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately.