Recipe by Elmotoo
From The African Cookbook by Bea Sandler in response to recipe requests.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
LOVED THIS BREAD, & found the combo of peanuts & pineapple baked this way to be refreshing! Great with cream cheese & pineapple preserves! You have a great recipe here! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my partners in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #21]
- 2 cups whole meal flour
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour, bran, baking powder, soda, salt and nuts into a bowl.
- Add the eggs and pineapple and mix well.
- Put mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350"F/180'C (gas mark 3) for 1 hour.
- Bread should be left for one day and served thinly sliced with cream cheese.