1/1 Photo of Ugandan Groundnut Stew
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
In response to recipe requests - Ground nuts (like peanuts) are an important part of the diet. They are roasted, pounded to a pulp and then made into a sauce which may be used with meat or vegetables. Here is a recipe using peanut butter, which you might like to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g stewing beef
- 6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 450 g ripe tomatoes (chopped) or 400 g tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 fresh chili peppers
- 450 g carrots (or a mixture of carrots, turnips and courgettes)
- 1 pinch mixed herbs
- 2 1/2 cm piece fresh ginger, grated or 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- salt and black pepper
- 1Remove seed from chillies and chop them finely.
- 2Mix them with the peanut butter, ginger, herbs, vegetables and tomatoes.
- 3Place meat in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid and add the vegetable mixture and some seasoning.
- 4Put on the lid and cook very gently for about one and a half hours or until the meat is tender.
- 5Don't worry about the lack of liquid because the meat and vegetables will make enough.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ugandan Groundnut Stew
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.4
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 282.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: