Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We in Minnesota eat Uff-Da Taco's at every state fair. They are so good! Try making extra fry bread, then sprinkle it with cinnamon/sugar or powdered sugar and dip it in honey for the sweet desert that we Minnesotans call "Elephant Ears". A Norwegian treat!
- Thaw dough.
- Smear with 1 Tablespoon oil.
- Let rise,covered with a breathable cloth,in a warm place until double its size.
- Punch dough down and cut into 4 equal portions.
- Heat oil as hot as you can make it.
- Pat dough into a circle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Fry in the hot oil, turning so that both sides are nicely browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Top with taco toppings, OR sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar or powdered sugar for elephant ears.
I just had these at my Norwegian in laws house (they are from Roseau, MN) and they are sooooo yummy!!! Uff da!!