Recipe by mojoloh
We in Minnesota eat Uff-Da Taco's at every state fair. They are so good! Try making extra fry bread, then sprinkle it with cinnamon/sugar or powdered sugar and dip it in honey for the sweet desert that we Minnesotans call "Elephant Ears". A Norwegian treat!
- 1 loaf white bread dough, cut into 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon shortening, for frying
- taco meat
- lettuce, shredded
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- black olives, sliced (optional)
- jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- yellow onion, diced (optional)
- sour cream
- taco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw dough.
- Smear with 1 Tablespoon oil.
- Let rise,covered with a breathable cloth,in a warm place until double its size.
- Punch dough down and cut into 4 equal portions.
- Heat oil as hot as you can make it.
- Pat dough into a circle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Fry in the hot oil, turning so that both sides are nicely browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Top with taco toppings, OR sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar or powdered sugar for elephant ears.