This is just a simple udon salad recipe. For non-vegetarian simply add about 250 grms smoked salmon cut into small strips
- 250 g udon noodles
- 90 g snow pea sprouts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 2 small avocados, chopped finely
- 10 cherry tomatoes or 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 80 ml light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons wasabi
- Cook noodles in large pan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
- Rinse under cold water, drain.
- Toss noodles with sprouts, chives, onions, avocados, tomatoes and combined remaining ingredients.
Latchy may not be with us anymore, but her great recipes still are! I love cold Japanese style noodle salads and this one is a beauty. I added a finely julienned carrot and used lightly blanched snow peas instead of the sprouts (don't like them). The dressing is almost good enough to drink.
An excellent noodle salad that is quick and easy to make. I couldn't find snow pea sprouts so I had to leave those out, I also had to use wasabi powder since I can't find real wasabi. I have already been requested to make this again so this is a definite keeper.