Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a magazine called "Vegetarian Times." PER SERVING: 337 CAL, 16G PROT, 12G TOTAL FAT (1 SAT. FAT), 44G CARB, 185MG SOD, 5G FIBER, 7G SUGARS
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) package udon noodles, dried
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into small florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil, toasted, divided
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds, fresh
- 5 green onions, white and green parts chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water 3 minutes. Add broccoli and bell pepper, and simmer 2 minutes more. Drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add tofu cubes, and cook 10 minutes, or until browned, turning occasionally. Remove from heat, add garlic, and stir 30 seconds, or until garlic is fragrant. Stir in walnuts, maple syrup, and remaining walnut oil.
- Toss pasta mixture with tofu mixture, pomegranate seeds, and green onions.