A combo of recipes from Cooking Light and The Big Bowl Cookbook. You can also use spaghetti instead of the udon noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups red bell peppers, julienne-cut
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 8 ounces uncooked udon noodles, cooked
- 6 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1Butterfly each shrimp, cutting to, but not through, the outside of the shrimp. Set aside.
- 2Combine lime rind and next five ingredients; stir well.
- 3Combine 1/3 cup of marinade with shrimp in a large plastic zip bag and marinate shrimp for 30 minutes in fridge.
- 4Combine remaining 1/3 cup marinade, bell pepper, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
- 5Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp, saute 5 minutes or until done. Combine shrimp with pasta mixture and toss gently. Sprinkle with nuts.
- 6Serve warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Udon Noodles With Spicy Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.6
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 230.4 mg
- Sodium 1431.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 39.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste