Recipe by Abby Girl
This soup is fast, easy and delicious. The bean sprouts will store longer if placed in water in the fridge
- 4 ounces chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, diced (about 1 breast)
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock (or beef)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 ounces udon noodles, fresh
- 2 cups bok choy, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, sliced
- 4 ounces shrimp, peeled and devined, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large wok or large saucepan sprayed with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium high heat for 4 minutes or until meat is barely cooked.
- Add gingerroot and garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring stock and soy sauce to a boil. Add udon noodles; redturn to a boil. Reduce heat to medium high; cook for 4 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Add bok choy, snow peas and shrimp; cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and snow peas are tender crisp.
- Add chicken, bean sprouts, and green onions; cook until heated through. Serve soup drizzled with sesame oil and sprinkled with parsley.