Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderful quick lunch. it is sweet, spicy, sour and full of so much flavor! This is yet another great wintertime warmer.
- 946.36 ml water
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed, skins removed, but left whole
- 2.46 ml dried chili
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried chives
- 1-2 lime, zested and juiced
- 7.39 ml fish sauce
- 7.39 ml soy sauce
- 3.69 ml sugar
- 200 g udon noodles
- 100 g mushrooms
- 236.59 ml fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Put all the ingredients except the noodles into a heavy-bottomed stock pot or saucepan and bring the water to a boil.
- Once the broth has boiled, put the noodles and the mushrooms in and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the noodles are cooked, serve in a bowl sprinkled with the chopped cilantro, if desired.
Fantastic! It's spicy and a little sweet and tangy. I used a few chopped scallions instead of dried chives. My mushrooms were shiitake (I used a little extra mushrooms). The lime juice was the perfect addition. This would be a great soup to soothe a cold. Thanx for sharing the recipe!