Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderful quick lunch. it is sweet, spicy, sour and full of so much flavor! This is yet another great wintertime warmer.
- 4 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed, skins removed, but left whole
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 -2 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 200 g udon noodles
- 100 g mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Put all the ingredients except the noodles into a heavy-bottomed stock pot or saucepan and bring the water to a boil.
- Once the broth has boiled, put the noodles and the mushrooms in and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the noodles are cooked, serve in a bowl sprinkled with the chopped cilantro, if desired.
Fantastic! It's spicy and a little sweet and tangy. I used a few chopped scallions instead of dried chives. My mushrooms were shiitake (I used a little extra mushrooms). The lime juice was the perfect addition. This would be a great soup to soothe a cold. Thanx for sharing the recipe!