1/4 Photos of Udny Arms Sticky Toffee Pudding
1 hr 5 mins
I've been told by a number of Scottish friends that the Udny Arms (in Aberdeenshire, Scotland) has THE best sticky toffee pudding. Thankfully they've made it available on the web! I've had a number of sticky toffee puddings since living in Scotland, but this one is by far the best. It is also very easy to make! (Recipe info from: Recipe collected by Bernie Jurasek from the Udny Arms Hotel in Scotland and shared with Pat Busst circa 1986. Typed by Jack Busst, Calgary, Alberta. 94/02/27 Jack Busst c/o THE MESSHALL, 1:134/73)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 709.77 ml flour
- 226.79 g dates (pitted and cut into pieces)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- 1For the Pudding:.
- 2Cream butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
- 3Beat in eggs gradually.
- 4Fold in flour.
- 5In a separate bowl pour the boiling water over the dates and soda.
- 6When water is absorbed add other ingredients and cream mixture.
- 7Bake in 9" x 13" cake pan in moderate hot oven (350 F) for 40 minutes.
- 8For the Sauce:.
- 9Mix all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 10Poke holes in top of cake and pour half of mixture over top, allowing sauce to soak into cake.
- 11Brown under grill before serving.
- 12Keep remaining sauce hot and spoon onto still warm pieces of cake cut into 3" squares.
- 13Top with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Udny Arms Sticky Toffee Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.6
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 146.3 mg
- Sodium 351.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 80.6 g
- Protein 5.8 g