Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Papads is a thin crispy wafer like dish. It is one of the indian traditional food item. It is a thin wafer like product, circular in shape, rolled from dough made out of pulse flour, with added spices. Papads are served as an appetizer with coriander chutney, biryanis, pulaos and curries. There are variety of Papads like mix masala papad, red chilly papad, garlic papad, and potato papad. Papads are cooked by deep frying in oil which causes them to expand and crisped. Papads may also be cooked by roasting them over an open flame in a toaster oven, microwave oven, on gas or electric stove. You can roast Papads within 40-45 seconds
- Add all the masalas except oil to the udad flour. Mix well.
- Bind together to form a very hard dough by adding water.
- Cover and keep aside for 2 hours at least.
- Apply little oil; knead the dough by hammering with a heavy pestle to make the dough softer.
- Make equal number of balls.
- Roll out each ball on a rolling board with the help of rolling pins in a circular movement.
- Apply oil if papad tends to stick on rolling board. Repeat with the remaining balls.
- Dry the papad in direct sunlight.
- Remove from sunlight as soon as they are dry enough otherwise they tend to crack.Dry them for a day or two.