Recipe by Member #610488
Recipe from my grandmother's recipe box from some restaurant in Saigon, Vietnam. The recipe says that the duck should be cooked rare or medium rare. Medium to medium well would be better.
- 4 duck breasts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 10 green swiss chard leaves
- 4 1⁄2 cups steamed rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the duck breasts with salt and pepper and leave for 30 minute
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the duck until it is slightly crispy.
- Slice the duck into thick strips.
- The same pan, add a little more oil and the duck slices while sautéing the garlic, sugar, oyster sauce and pepper.
- Add the green mustard leaves and lightly toss them for 10 sec or until they are well-coated with the sauce. Remove the leaves and set aside.
- To serve, arrange the green mustard leaves on the plate and place the duck breast strips on top. Then pour the remaining sautéed sauce over. Serve with the steamed rice on the side.