You find this type of salad dressing in many Japanese restaurants in the U.S. I used to see people requesting something similar often, so I created this around mid to late 90's. If this dressing is too tart for your taste (it will water down with salad greens) add 1-2 T water to the dressing.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon celery, chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, chopped roughly
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- In a blender or food proessor, blend for 30 seconds.
- If this dressing is too tart for your taste (it will water down with salad greens) add 1-2 T water to the dressing.