Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb spinach, Fresh (Wash and clean spinach of sand. Dry.)
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 large onion, Diced
- 2 cloves garlic, Minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb emmenthaler cheese, Grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut spinach into strips.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat butter until bubbly.
- Add onion and garlic, saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add spinach.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Grease an ovenproof casserole.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the bottom of the casserole.
- Add the spinach.
- Sprinkle with paprika, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 360 degrees F about 20 minutes or until cheese bubbles.