Recipe by piginspandex
These are delicious, fluffy pancakes, and so easy to make! For an added treat, add some canned corn, frozen blueberries, or fresh chopped apples to the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (buckwheat can also be used!)
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 10 ounces frozen blueberries (optional)
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn (optional)
- 1 -2 apple, chopped to about 1/2 an inch (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl (flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar).
- Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla
- If you wanted to add canned corn, blueberries, or apples, do it now. If adding canned corn, remove vanilla from the recipe.
- In a large frying pan, heat the half stick of butter at medium heat until it's completely melted.
- Add the melted butter to your mix (bonus: you now have a buttered pan!).
- Put 3-4 inch diameter spoonfuls of pancake batter into the pan. If the butter is burning, turn the heat down.
- When the pancakes start to bubble and look dry around the edges, flip them over and cook them on the other side until golden brown.
- Add more butter to the pan as needed.
- If the recipe is too big, you can use the batter the next day but they will not be as successful. It's better to cook the pancakes and reheat them when you want to eat them.