These are delicious, fluffy pancakes, and so easy to make! For an added treat, add some canned corn, frozen blueberries, or fresh chopped apples to the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (buckwheat can also be used!)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 ounces frozen blueberries (optional)
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn (optional)
- 1 -2 apple, chopped to about 1/2 an inch (optional)
- 1Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl (flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar).
- 2Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla
- 3If you wanted to add canned corn, blueberries, or apples, do it now. If adding canned corn, remove vanilla from the recipe.
- 4In a large frying pan, heat the half stick of butter at medium heat until it's completely melted.
- 5Add the melted butter to your mix (bonus: you now have a buttered pan!).
- 6Put 3-4 inch diameter spoonfuls of pancake batter into the pan. If the butter is burning, turn the heat down.
- 7When the pancakes start to bubble and look dry around the edges, flip them over and cook them on the other side until golden brown.
- 8Add more butter to the pan as needed.
- 9If the recipe is too big, you can use the batter the next day but they will not be as successful. It's better to cook the pancakes and reheat them when you want to eat them.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uber-Tasty Almost Dutch Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.1
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 195.9 mg
- Sodium 1193.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 14.1 g