Recipe by Jenny H.
Why is it that tomato soup is always on sale? I always have way to much of it in my cupboard and I love this recipe because It gets rid of it quickly.
Top Review by ladypit
This is, indeed, super easy to make on a weeknight. And pretty tasty too! I thought it was too sweet with the addition of the splenda (and I like sweet things!) but I would definitely make it again, leaving out the sweetner. This is a simple dish to make, while you are cooking other things, to take to work for lunches.
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- sugar substitute, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cooked lentils as directed on package.
- When water is almost all absorbed, add tomato soup (undiluted), garlic, pepper and onion.
- Season with sugar sweetener (I usually use 3-4 packets), salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cook further if you want a thick chili or add a little water if you want it thinner.
- Note, the lentils continue absorbing water after cooking, so if there are leftovers, it serves as a good casserole the next day.