1/3 Photos of Uber-Braten - Kielbasa & Sauerkraut Casserole
This was named by my two kids as it sounded to them like "yummy German casserole" - I have no idea what it means - but it is amazing! I'm posting it here because I keep loosing the recipe - easy-peezy and so good - real comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook egg noodles as per directions on package. I really like the Pennsylvania Dutch Kluski noodles as they add great texture to this dish, but I'm sure any thick egg noodle will work. Set aside.
- 2Slice or cube kielbasa - we cube as we like it spread throughout the casserole more thoroughly.
- 3Heat butter in dutch oven until melted, stir in flour and seasonings. When mixture is well combined add milk. Bring to a boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- 4Add 3/4 cup of cheese, stir until melted.
- 5When sauce is ready stir in sliced kielbasa, drained sauerkraut and pre-cooked egg noodles.
- 6Pour into a 3 quart casserole.
- 7Mix remaining cheese with bread crumbs and sprinkle over casserole.
- 8Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Pennsylvania Dutch Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pennsylvania Dutch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uber-Braten - Kielbasa & Sauerkraut Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.8
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 80.8 mg
- Sodium 670.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 14.2 g