This was named by my two kids as it sounded to them like "yummy German casserole" - I have no idea what it means - but it is amazing! I'm posting it here because I keep loosing the recipe - easy-peezy and so good - real comfort food!
- Cook egg noodles as per directions on package. I really like the Pennsylvania Dutch Kluski noodles as they add great texture to this dish, but I'm sure any thick egg noodle will work. Set aside.
- Slice or cube kielbasa - we cube as we like it spread throughout the casserole more thoroughly.
- Heat butter in dutch oven until melted, stir in flour and seasonings. When mixture is well combined add milk. Bring to a boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add 3/4 cup of cheese, stir until melted.
- When sauce is ready stir in sliced kielbasa, drained sauerkraut and pre-cooked egg noodles.
- Pour into a 3 quart casserole.
- Mix remaining cheese with bread crumbs and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through.