Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
What’s more comforting and delicious than a nice, hot cup of beef bullion? Homemade is the best, but if you don’t have homemade you can dress up a good soup base into something nearly as good. Wonderfully warming when you’ve been working outside in cold weather and a nice change from all that hot tea and chicken soup when you have a cold.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon tones beef base (or equivalent amount of similar product)
- 2 -3 drops sherry wine
- 2 -3 drops Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion flakes (optional)
- Stir together in a large, microwavable mug.
- Microwave on high 3-4 minutes so that it simmers in the cup but does not boil over.
- Let sit 2 minutes. Taste and dilute slightly if too strong.
Hubby enjoyed this uber-bullion thoroughly, although he did add a little extra sherry! The recipe dressed up our bland storebought stuff nicely, thank you very much. Will try with celery salt next time, as our beef base is not very salty.