Chef #332611's Note:
A great recipe. It was so good when I tried it. Even though the color is green. I can't let you see though.....;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice the yams into inch thick slices. Transfer into a medium pan, rinse, then cover with cool water. Bring to boil and simmer until tender. Mash with a fork.
- 2Crack eggs into a large bowl. Beat with a whisk until yellows and whites are combined.
- 3Gradually add sugar and whisk until combined.
- 4Add oil and whisk until combined. Add chopped macapuno and vanilla and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- 5Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another bowl.
- 6Add about a third of the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix to combine.
- 7Add about one half of the buttermilk and mix to combined.
- 8Repeat above, alternating flour and buttermilk and ending with the flour mixture.
- 9Scoop into cupcake papers about half to two-thirds full (depending on whether you want flat or domed cupcakes. Note that these cupcakes will don't shrink. Two-thirds full will result in domed cupcakes.).
- 10Bake for 22-25 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ube Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 141.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g