Recipe by clar_nightelf15
A great recipe. It was so good when I tried it. Even though the color is green. I can't let you see though.....;)
- 2 large purple yams (ube)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the yams into inch thick slices. Transfer into a medium pan, rinse, then cover with cool water. Bring to boil and simmer until tender. Mash with a fork.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl. Beat with a whisk until yellows and whites are combined.
- Gradually add sugar and whisk until combined.
- Add oil and whisk until combined. Add chopped macapuno and vanilla and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another bowl.
- Add about a third of the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix to combine.
- Add about one half of the buttermilk and mix to combined.
- Repeat above, alternating flour and buttermilk and ending with the flour mixture.
- Scoop into cupcake papers about half to two-thirds full (depending on whether you want flat or domed cupcakes. Note that these cupcakes will don't shrink. Two-thirds full will result in domed cupcakes.).
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.