Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sweet potato casserole from the cookbook "Hawaiian Cookbook". You can also add minced ginger root to the the pineapple juice, or even substitute orange juice in place of pineapple juice.
- 6 large sweet potatoes, parboiled and peeled (2 1/2 pounds) or 6 large butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup pineapple juice, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Slice sweet potatoes 1/2 inch thick.
- Grease a heatproof casserole dish with a little butter (or coconut oil).
- Arrange in alternate layers starting with the sweet potatoes dotted with butter and salt, then the bananas sprinkled with brown sugar, and then the crushed pineapple.
- End with the sweet potatoes or the crushed pineapple.
- Combine the pineapple & lemon juices and honey and pour over mixture.
- Bake in 350 F preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until browned on top.