Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
We always make this during the summer but especially for 4th of July parties.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) boxberry blue Jello gelatin
- 3 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 5 -6 ounces whipped topping
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Mix and bake cake according to box directions. While cake is still hot, poke holes all over the cake with a fork. Mix jello according to package directions and very slowly pour all over the cake. Let is soak in good and cool. Mix the vanilla pudding and milk let set up a little and fold in the whipped topping. Frost cake then lay the sliced strawberries on top.
- The cake is blue, the frosting is white and the strawberries are red. Everyone raves over how great this is and I've had to start making 3 or 4 for the 4th of July parties!
This was awesome! We had this cake over Memorial weekend. The adults loved how light it was but the kids just devoured it period! The blue jello gives the cake a really neat flavor! It's a keeper at our house for sure!! Thanks Chef Wedemeyer!