Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple but delightful recipe for preparing shrimp.Taken from Eat Greek Tonight
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 pinch Old Bay Seasoning (To taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch oregano (To taste)
- Cook the shrimp with the Old Bay seasoning, or salt if not available but be careful not to overcook.
- When done, drain shrimp and place in a platter and drizzle a good grade of extra virgin olive oil and juice of 1 lemon, sprinkle with oregano.
- This would be great with a greek salad and a crusty loaf of bread.
Very nice recipe. I added some red pepper flakes to the water as well as 2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning. I used 1 tbsp olive oil and a bit more oregano. These were enjoyed by all. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
These were just fantastic! I live near Maryland so I love anything with Old Bay Seasoning on it and the flavor combinations were different and delicious!
I made this yesterday for DH and some of his friends from work while they were watching World Cup games. This was a nice change of pace from the usual beer-boiled shrimp with cocktail sauce and crackers. I did use a fair amount more than a pinch of Old Bay seasoning (probably about 1 tbs), just because we love shrimp cooked with lots of Old Bay. We'll definitely be having this again! Thanks for posting!