Recipe by §u§AnA
This is a great recipe for children or adults alike--I make it often. I use peppermint crisp chocolate , malteser's are also good. I've also used fresh crushed raspberries for a Christmas dessert, but you can use whatever you like. Decorate according to the occasion.
- 2 (600 ml) cartons cream
- 2 (400 g) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 250 g Peppermint Crisp candy bars (or confectionary of your choice)
- food coloring
- 100 g plaistowe dark cooking chocolate (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a square cake tin of desired size with plastic wrap.
- Beat 1 carton of cream with 1 tin of condensed milk until the consistency of whipped cream.
- if making chocolate ice cream melt 100 gm dark cooking chocolate and add to mixture after cooling slightly.
- Spread evenly into the tin and place in the freezer.
- M,eanwhile beat the other carton of cream and condensed milk to the same consistency.
- Add crushed peppermint crisps or desired confectionary.
- Colour with food colouring until desired colour is reached.
- Carefully spread over previous mix.
- Press more plastic wrap gently onto top of mix (this stops it from going "icy").
- Freeze over night until firm.
- To serve, remove from tin by turning up on desired serving dish, decorate as desired.