Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another new one to try from 'Passover by Design'.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups carrots, finely grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup matzo meal
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9"x9" square pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Using a spatula, fold in carrots, sugar, and matzo meal. fold in the egg yolks, oil, lemon juice, orange juice, and pineapple with heavy syrup.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. bake 40-45 minutes or until top is golden. Scoop or spoon out.
Does it still count if I completely forgot that this is a souffle and didn't whip up the egg whites? It was still delicious and my kids loved it. For me it was just a bit too sweet but if you have kids they'll keep on asking for more. It was more like a carrot kugel/cake in my version though.