Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
When I couldn't find a recipe for Tzimmes (a traditional sweet Rosh Hashana dish made of carrots to symbolize a sweet and bountiful new year), I went searching through my cookbooks until I found this one in Kosher by Design. It is also Kosher for Passover and can be make in ramekins for a special look.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x9 inch square pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Using a spatula, fold in the carrots, sugar, and matzo meal.
- Fold in the egg yolks oil, lemon juice, orange juice, and pineapples with syrup.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Scoop or spoon out of the pan to serve.