1 hr 5 mins
When I couldn't find a recipe for Tzimmes (a traditional sweet Rosh Hashana dish made of carrots to symbolize a sweet and bountiful new year), I went searching through my cookbooks until I found this one in Kosher by Design. It is also Kosher for Passover and can be make in ramekins for a special look.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 9x9 inch square pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- 4Using a spatula, fold in the carrots, sugar, and matzo meal.
- 5Fold in the egg yolks oil, lemon juice, orange juice, and pineapples with syrup.
- 6Pour into prepared baking dish.
- 7Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown.
- 8Scoop or spoon out of the pan to serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tzimmes Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.8
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 53.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 4.5 g