Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe supplied per a request. We love this as a dip with savoury crackers and raw veggies, or a sauce on Souvlaki.
- 1 cucumber (125g)
- 1 (250 ml) cup natural yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and grate the cucumber.
- Place in a sieve, squeeze gently and remove as much moisture as possible.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Use as a dip or as a sauce.
I THOUGHT this was a recipe given to me by my 80 yr. old Lebanese friend years ago. After making it, it is right on the money. Fantastic on sliced lamb in pita bread. A couple tips: dry mint will work fine putting the yoghurt in a sieve, lined with a coffee filter, overnite will get H20 out and make it less runny
All I can say is this is most EXCELLENT! It reminds me of some Armenian flavors....Thanks a lot for this recipe! Mark Marcarian
This is my favorite recipe, except I use dill weed instead of mint and drain the yoghurt in a coffee filter for an hour before I make it.