- 16 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 5 -6 mint leaves, finely minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the yogurt in a double layer of cheesecloth or a thin clean towel.
- Clip the edges the the rim of a mixing bowl, and allow to drain for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place the chopped cucumber in a tea towel and pat dry; discarding liquid.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the drained yogurt, cucumber, salt, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and mint.
- Serve as a sauce for gyros or shawarma.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.