Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
used to eat this every night when in greece on my hols great with dolmadhes (stuffed vine leaves)
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon star anise
- 2 cups thick Greek yogurt
- add salt,oil,vinegar,minced garlic and anise to the yoghurt and mix till blended.
- take the grated cucumber in your hands and squeeze out all the water and discard,you should be left with a pulp mix this pulp with the rest of the ingredients and store in the fridge.
- serve with dolmadhes,fried zucchini,eggplants or fish.