1/2 Photos of Tzatziki Mexicano
¡Opa AND Ole! The most difficult aspect for me in creating this recipe was determining whether tzatziki is male or female. If you are inclined to add a wee drop o' tequila (er, say one teaspoon?) to the tzatziki, I won't discourage you...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup plain yogurt, drained (Greek yogurt is best if you can find it)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 jalapenos (seeded if you wish) or 1/2 serrano pepper, finely minced (seeded if you wish)
- 2 teaspoons fresh Mexican oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced (NOT dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, minced (NOT dried)
- 1/2-2/3 cup cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and diced small (read *NOTE)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1*NOTE: If using organic or garden cucumbers, peel in a "stripe" pattern. If using waxed, store bought cucumbers, peel off all the skin.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and mix well.
- 3Cover and refrigerate from 1-3 hours.
- 4Taste and adjust seasonings. Drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil around the edges, sprinkle a bit of ground cumin on top and garnish with fresh cilantro sprig.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tzatziki Mexicano
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 466.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g