Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mmmmmm!! I double the garlic. Sop up with flatbread or use as a dip for crudites. (chill time is 4 hours) adapted from Canadian Living mag.
- 1 1⁄3 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup English cucumber, grated and squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 garlic clove, smashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Set yogurt in a cheesecloth lined sieve over a bowl.
- let drain in refrigerator until reduced to 1 cup.
- Stir in cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- At least 4 hours (make ahead: refrigerate for up to 24 hours).
Love the coolness of this recipe, and so much better than store bought. We had it with fresh vegetables used as a dip. Doubled the garlic too! Thanks for posting.
Just what I needed! I used nonfat greek yogurt and thus skipped the straining step, making this a super easy recipe to make. Used this as a dip for falafel.
I doubled the garlic as another reviewer suggested and also doubled the lemon juice. Used fat free plain yogurt. I loved it; it tastes awesome!! No more store bought tzatziki for me! Thanks for posting!!