Recipe by katwhyte
Tzatziki is a cool garlicy sauce to spice up grilled or roasted meats or to use as a dip. It is made with WwCore ingredients. I enjoyed Tzatziki when I lived in Greece many years ago. You can add a little olive oil if you need to get in your healthy oil for the day. You can also add a little fresh dill.
Top Review by Lyssie71
Great, simple recipe. Exactly what I was looking for to cool down my curry drumsticks. Thank you! Only modification was to add a little fresh lemon juice for a little more acid. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
- 1 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 3 garlic cloves
- olive oil (optional)
- fresh dill (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds. Grate coarsely. Put the grated cucumber in a bowl and sprinkle generously with salt. Let sit for 10 minutes, then drain and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. If you're concerned about salt, rinse the cucumber and squeeze again.
- Peel and mince the garlic. I love garlic, so you may want to use a little less.
- Mix the cucumber, garlic, and yogurt. Let sit for a bit to mingle the flavors.
- Optional: Add olive oil and or minced fresh dill.