Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
This recipe was created for the Greece themed cooking day while I was teaching the 2013 "Cuisine Around the World" Cooking Elective for 3rd-5th graders at the Village Charter school. Cook time is chilling time.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the cucumber chunks into blender or food processor and pulse a few times.
- Put into a strainer and push out as much liquid as possible.
- In medium bowl, stir together strained cucumber, yogurt, garlic, mint, sea salt, paprika and black pepper.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes, or until ready to use.
- Serve with pita chips, on gyros, or over a simple tomato and kalamata olive salad.