1/11 Photos of Tzatziki Cucumber Dipping Sauce
Greek sauce/dip/salad dressing. Serve with vegies,Pitas,or with spicy dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a sieve with a double thickness of dampened cheesecloth.
- 2Spoon in yogurt and set the sieve over a bowl.
- 3Refrigerate for two to three hours or until yogurt is about half its volume, nicely thick and creamy.
- 4Shred or cut cucumber into julienne strips.
- 5Place in a colander in sink or over a bowl, sprinkle generously with salt, mix well and let drain for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- 6Rinse and gently pat dry.
- 7In a mortor and pestal muddle the garlic into a bit salt.
- 8Add to the thickened yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, olive oil, and if desired, the pepper and mint.
- 9Mix well.
- 10Serve or refrigerate for a day or two so flavors mingle.
- 11Stir again before serving and sprinkle with additional minced mint leaves if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tzatziki Cucumber Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1927 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.8
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 78.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g