Prep 2 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
I love Tzatziki with Stuffed Grape Leaves... however, I've been known to use it as a spread on a wrap sandwich, and dip toasted pita chips in...this is a lower fat version than when Greek Yogurt is used... Feel free to substitute. I'm a fan of chunky, crunchy veggies in my dips, so I chop the cukes into small pieces instead of shredding them. I add a little drizzle of high quality olive oil and olives as a garnish before serving.
- 1 (32 ounce) container low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 -2 cucumber (seeded and chopped)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dill (fresh if you have it)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (for a bit of tartness)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 -2 garlic clove (chopped, to taste)
- drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Drain the yogurt in a cheesecloth for a couple of hours or overnight -- blend all ingredients and put in the fridge to let all of the flavors come together. Most of the time, I'll make this dip in the morning to serve in the afternoon or evening. The duration of this recipe is up to the chef -- the tastes really blend with marination, but not completely necessary if you're an instant gratification type of person!
We had this with recipe#310246 last night for dinner and we loved it. It was also very simple to make and I already had everything on hand. Thanks for sharing!