Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a classic Greek cucumber yogurt dip, great with warm pita bread and also commonly used as sauce in gyros. If you can't find the Greek yogurt called for in the recipe, buy regular plain yogurt and strain it over cheesecloth rubber banded on the top of a bowl for about 2 hours until thick.
- 16 ounces Greek yogurt (This will be much thicker than reg. yogurt)
- 1 large cucumber
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic, to taste
- 1 (1 ounce) package fresh dill
- 1 dash lemon juice (1 small squeeze)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Put yogurt in medium sized bowl.
- Peel cucumber, then grate it and squeeze handfuls over the sink to drain out all the water, then wrap in paper towels and set aside.
- Chop dill finely and add to yogurt.
- Add salt, garlic and lemon juice and mix togeter.
- Make sure cucumber has as little water left in it as possible and stir into mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!