Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded &, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Line a colander or sieve with cheesecloth (or coffee filter) and set it over a bowl.
- Pour in the yogurt and allow it to drip for an hour or so.
- After the yoghurt has drained, combine it, in a small bowl, with the cucumber, garlic, dill and salt.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until just before serving.
Not as tasty as the other recipes I have tried before. It lacks herbs and spices. Doesn't seen very authentic. Too much Yoghurt and not enough cucumber!
Wow. I added a touch more dill, garlic, and salt to my own taste, but what an awesom tzaziki this made. I love the idea of draining the yogurt. I served this with leftover leg of lamb that I cut into strips and stuffed in a pita My teenage son ate until he was nearly miserable. He ate it again for breakfast this morning. Thanks for posting.