Recipe by CoCaShe
These are easy enough to make, but takes some planning ahead. Great with chicken, pork, beef or just with pita bread. Note that amounts are approximate as everyone's tastes differ -- I like mine with lots of cucumber.
- 375 g plain yogurt, preferably low fat but remember that the lower the fat percentage, the less tzatziki it'll make
- 3⁄4-1 English cucumber, peeled and shredded
- 1 1⁄2 garlic cloves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place yogurt and shredded cucumber into separate sieves or cheese cloth, over a bowl, cover in saran wrap and leave in the fridge overnight to drain.
- Tip: if you put something heavy on the cucumber, like a mug with water, it'll help to drain more water out.
- The next day, mix the yogurt, cucumber, crushed garlic, and salt to taste.
- Leave in the fridge for a few hours so flavors can blend, then taste and adjust as needed.
- Possible additions include pepper, garlic salt and paprika, depending on what flavor you prefer.