Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My own take on this delectable sauce. The 30 minutes cook time is actually refrigeration time.
Make and share this Tzatziki recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 8 ounces plain yogurt (not low-fat or fat free)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Peel cucumber, halve and remove seeds.
- Grate cucumber using fine grater/microplane.
- Drain cucumber pulp using a fine sieve and discard liquid.
- Add garlic, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice and pepper (if desired) to pulp and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 mins prior to use.