Top Review by Mirj
Wow, am I glad I made this for lunch. It was perfect! I used dill instead of the mint(can't get used to the idea of mint in a savory cheese dish) and I also used a Cypriot Halumi cheese instead of the one in the recipe that I can spell. I've always got some phyllo dough in the freezer, and the only hardship was waiting for it to defrost in the fridge overnight!
- 1 lb feta cheese
- 1 lb phyllo pastry
- 1⁄4 lb ground kefalograviera cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- dill (diced) or mint (diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the feta cheese with a fork and add the kefalograviera, milk, butter, dill (or mint), eggs and pepper.
- Butter a pan with the margarine and place half the sheets of fyllo on the bottom also buttered with the margarine (so it doesn't stick) Pour the cheese mix and cover with the rest of the fyllo sheets, also buttered with margarine.
- Bake in medium oven for about 1 hr.