Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
To make each roll, check out the list of ingredients for each type of roll below. Keep in mind that you can make your rolls with just about anything you like. Be CREATIVE! Mix and Match, and most of all ENJOY! Cooking time does not include time to fry crab, shrimp, lobster or other seafood for Tempura Rolls, or to make sauces. Some of my favorite sauces are Japanese Tsume and Tare - Nitsume or Thick, Sweet Eel Sauce, Linda's Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for Dipping (Egg Rolls, Sushi), and Linda's Spicy Mayonnaise Sauce for Sushi. Also, check out my tutorial How to Make and Roll Sushi
- 1 sheet nori
- 3⁄4-1 cup cooked japanese-style rice
- CRUNCHY ROLL:.
- Masago, crunchy tempura flakes, spicy mayonnaise sauce, cucumber, tempura shrimp.
- CALIFORNIA ROLL:.
- Sesame seeds, avocado, crab stick, cucumber.
- MANHATTAN ROLL:.
- Lump Crab mixed with spicy mayonnaise sauce with Masago outside: Tempura Shrimp Roll inside.
- DRAGON ROLL:.
- Inside: California Roll.
- Outside: Eel, avocado and Masago.
- EEL ROLL:.
- Eel, cucumber, scallion, sesame seeds, topped with Eel Sauce.
- PHILADELPHIA ROLL:.
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese, cucumber.
- SHRIMP TEMPURA ROLL:.
- Shrimp Tempura, avocado, asparagus, scallion, Masago, sesame seeds topped with Eel Sauce.
- RAINBOW ROLL:.
- California Roll topped with assorted raw fish, avocado, Masago.
- SPIDER ROLL:.
- Soft Shell Crab Tempura, avocado, Masago, sesame seeds.
- NEW YORK ROLL:.
- Shrimp Tempura, eel, cream cheese, avocado, scallion, masago, sesame seeds.
- PHAT ROLL:.
- Lobster Tempura, asparagus, avocado, scallion, Masago, sesame seeds, topped with crab mixed with spicy mayonnaise sauce.
- ROCK & ROLL:.
- Inside: Eel, avocado, cucumber.
- Outside: Masago.
- SPICY TUNA ROLL:.
- Tuna, scallion, spicy mayonnaise sauce.
- VEGGIE ROLL - Cucumber, carrots, scallion, avocado, asparagus, cream cheese.
I love you so much for this.
Linda, this deserves diamonds, not stars! You have made a true sushi maker out of me, and now my sister wants me to teach her how!
Who knew I could make sushi myself??!! I appreciate you listing all the different types of sushi for us beginners. I made the California rolls, philadelphi rolls and vegetable rolls, and then DD make a roll of some of the leftover ingredients i had chopped up. So good. Now that I know we can do it, I plan on buying more ingredients from the specialty shop to make more......yummmmm. thank you so much for guiding us the right way with sushi making. ADDED 7-26-10: Last night we made the manhattan rolls along with the usuals (cali, philly and veggie)......they were FANTASTIC!!! My favorite roll by far. i loved the spicy mayo in it. Again, thanks for sharing this with us.