Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
So sweet, it'll give you the 'beetus
Make and share this Type II Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Soak cornmeal in buttermilk for at least an hour, or in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease a 10" cast iron skillet with 1 Tbs butter.
- Mix the sugar, honey, melted butter, and egg into the milk/cornmeal mixture:.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. It will be lumpy – don’t over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The bottom crust should be dark, but not burned.